CPD Standards Office Provider ID: 21681
Our Belfast Recovery College welcomes everyone to attend our free wellbeing and mental health education and learning programmes.
A peer educator with lived experience of mental health and a staff educator with knowledge of the subject area facilitate the workshops.Our ethos is strength based. So, we promote three key principles:
- Hope – continuing presence of hope that it is possible to pursue one’s aspirations
- Control – the need to maintain a sense of control over one’s life
- Opportunity – the opportunity to build a life beyond illness.
- Develop and Maintain a Social Support Network
- Understanding Schizophrenia
- Understanding Bipolar
- Getting A Good Night's Sleep
Who should attend?
There are a range of courses open to the community of Belfast. All you have to do is enrol! Valuing the combined lived experience of mental health and professional knowledge we co-produce courses to improve the wellbeing of people in the community of Belfast. Recovery College students include service users, families, friends, carers, staff and those with an interest in wellbeing and mental health. Learning together as students helps increase understanding of each other’s journey in promoting recovery.