CPD Standards Office Provider ID: PDCD1029
We provide professional development for the assessment community in the UK and internationally. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, an international exams group who design and deliver assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries.
We bring clarity and confidence to the world of assessment by equipping practitioners with the skills and knowledge needed to design and develop assessments with a robust grounding in evidence.
From our 9-week online courses covering the foundations of assessment practice, to interactive practitioner workshops and a postgraduate qualification, we have solutions for a diverse range of assessment professionals.
- A101: Introducing the Principles of Assessment
- A102: Introducing Assessment Practice
- Assessment Training: Understanding and Optimising Your Mark Schemes (webinar)
- A103: Introducing Data Literacy
- A104: Psychometrics in Educational Assessment
- Assessment Training Webinar: E-assessment Expectations, Impediments and Lessons Learnt
- Assessment Training Workshop Series: Using Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) to Good Effect
- Assessment Training Workshop Series: Designing Effective Assessments and Items
- Assessment Training Workshop Series: Using Assessment Data to Empower Practice
- Assessment Training Workshop Series: Item Response Theory in Practice
- Assessment Training Workshop Series: An Introduction to Statistics for Assessment
- Assessment Training Webinar: Setting and Maintaining a Grading Standard
- Assessment Training Webinar: Comparative Judgement in Educational Assessment
- Assessment Training Workshop Series: Computer Adaptive Testing: Theory to Practice
Who should attend?
We have a wide range of training relevant to anyone working with assessments. The learning on our courses is applicable across all sectors but will be particularly relevant to those working in educational assessment including examiners, assessment writers, professional bodies, teachers, lecturers and those working for exam boards/awarding organisations. With practical application at their core, our courses are perfect for developing – or refreshing – your knowledge of key principles and best practice in assessment, as well as providing the perfect opportunity to exchange ideas with fellow practitioners.