CPD Standards Office Provider ID: PDCD1029
We provide professional development for the assessment community in the UK and internationally. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, an international exams group who design and deliver assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries.
We bring clarity and confidence to the world of assessment by equipping practitioners with the skills and knowledge needed to design and develop assessments with a robust grounding in evidence.
From our 9-week online courses covering the foundations of assessment practice, to interactive practitioner workshops and a postgraduate qualification, we have solutions for a diverse range of assessment professionals.
- A101: Introducing the Principles of Assessment (online)
- Assessment training workshop or webinar: Reliability
- Assessment training workshop or webinar: Validity
- Assessment training workshop or webinar: Fairness
- A102: Introducing Assessment Practice (online)
- Assessment training workshop or webinar: Writing good multiple choice questions
- Assessment training workshop or webinar: Writing good exam questions
- Assessment training webinar: Issues in question writing
- Assessment training workshop or webinar: Principles of mark scheme design
- Assessment training webinar: Understanding and optimising your mark schemes
- A103: Introducing Data Literacy (online)
- A104: Psychometrics in Educational Assessment (online)
- Assessment training workshop or webinar: Basic statistics
- Assessment training workshop or webinar: Intermediate statistics
- Assessment training workshop: Using item response theory in practice - non-programming
- Assessment training workshop: Using item response theory in practice for programmers
- Assessment training workshop or webinar: E-assessment
- Assessment training: Assessment in our context
- Assessment training: The Cambridge approach to Curriculum (webinar)
- Assessment training workshop series: Using multiple-choice questions (MCQ) to good effect
Who should attend?
We have a wide range of training relevant to anyone working with assessments. The learning on our courses is applicable across all sectors but will be particularly relevant to those working in educational assessment including examiners, assessment writers, professional bodies, teachers, lecturers and those working for exam boards/awarding organisations. With practical application at their core, our courses are perfect for developing – or refreshing – your knowledge of key principles and best practice in assessment, as well as providing the perfect opportunity to exchange ideas with fellow practitioners.