CPD Standards Office Provider ID: 21537
Cambridge Network is a membership organisation based in the vibrant high technology cluster of Cambridge, UK. We bring people together – from business and academia – to meet each other and share ideas, encouraging collaboration and partnership for shared success.
The Learning Collaboration works on behalf of Cambridge Network members, collaborating to organise, purchase and share training and management development opportunities. Our aim is to provide you with improved access to high quality professional training courses at value-for-money prices.
- CONFIDENT COMMUNICATION
- TRANSITION TO MANAGEMENT
- IMPROVING PERSONAL IMPACT& INFLUENCE
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- ASSERTIVENESS SKILLS WORKSHOP
- INTRODUCTION TO COACHING
- MANAGING PEOPLE FOR THE FIRST TIME
- INTERVIEW SKILLS
- DEALING WITH DIFFICULT BEHAVIOUR - I'M NOT CRAZY I'M JUST NOT YOU
- FACILITATION SKILLS
- PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSUASION
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
- NEW MANAGERS PEER GROUP
- STRATEGIC MANAGERS PEER GROUP
- SCHOOL FOR SCALE UPS
- TRAIN THE TRAINER
- INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- INTRODUCTION TO PRESENTATION SKILLLS
- PROJECT MANAGEMNT FOR NON PROJECT MANAGERS
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
Who should attend?
Transition to Management
- Team leaders, supervisors and project managers with up to one years experience in their new role
- High potentials who look to be promoted in the next 6 months
- Technical and project leads who would like to ‘up skill’ on their management techniques
Improving Personal Impact & Influence
- This workshop will emphasise the need to consider both verbal and non-verbal communication when getting your points across. An Insights profile will form part of the workshop and provide an opportunity to discuss your influencing style.
- Time management is a key competency for all people at work and this programme will benefit anyone who has any element of control and influence about when they do things.
- Anyone who needs to communicate/present in confidence, including technical people and introverts
Assertiveness Skills Workshop
- This workshop is about understanding what assertiveness really means to you, and how to be more assertive when you need to be
Introduction to CoachingThe workshop will be ideal for you if you are:
- New to coaching and want to find out more about it
- Looking for a chance to practise the skills in a safe and supportive space
- Someone who prefers to begin with clear guidelines and a proven framework
- Leading a team and wanting to help them to think better and work more effectively.
Managing People for the First TimeBy the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the qualities of a successful supervisor/first line manager
- Describe the key functions of a first line management role
- Understand the interpersonal skills needed to be an effective manager
- Plan and structure management of others
- Draw up SMART objectives
- Use a structured approach to problem solving
- Understand what makes an effective
- There are usually a number of people involved in the recruitment and selection process who range from HR, managers and team members. This workshop is suitable for anyone who is part of that process and would like to develop their skills in this important area of responsibility.
Dealing with Difficult Behaviour – I’m not crazy, I’m just not you
- Managers and team leaders at all levels who wish to extend their approach and understanding when dealing with the challenges of difficult people, so the outcomes can be more effective.
- This one day workshop will give you the skills, tools and confidence needed to facilitiate effectively. This workshop is appropriate for anyone who needs to work with groups to achieve change and improve effectiveness.
Psychology of Persuasion
- This workshop is designed for anyone who has to persuade regularly as part of their job and are interested in gaining a greater understanding into the psychology of persuasion and enhancing their own ability to persuade effectively.
- This workshop will help managers understand their own communication style, the essentials of good communication and develop their confidence to communicate effectively.
New Managers Peer Group
- This group supports managers new to managing people. The sessions enable peer-exchange with colleagues of a similiar level in different organisations; the agenda addresses members’ real-life leadership priorities under expert facilitation. The programme starts each Spring and Autumn and takes place over a 5 month period. This group is a natural progression for managers who have taken our popular Transition to Managment course.
Strategic Managers Peer Group
- This group is for managers who design and implement change and may set the strategic direction for their function. They will have other managers reporting to them and work with other senior managers to manage business performance. The programme for this group starts each year and takes place over a 5 month period.
School for Scale Ups
- The programme is designed for leaders of businesses who can see their path from start-up to scale-up, and for individuals who want to play a significant part in the future of their company that is already scaling up.
Delegates take eleven modules to make up their basic programme, adding others as options to broaden their understanding and practical skills.