CPD Standards Office Provider ID: 50313
The programs and services of our Hearing Center include:
- Comprehensive, multidisciplinary evaluation of hearing disorders with a special focus on hearing loss in neonates
- Detailed medical and/or technical counseling and explanation of therapeutic treatments
- Conventional and surgical treatments of all kinds of hearing loss using modern hearing devices
- Microsurgery of the ear and acoustic neuroma surgery
The first establishment of the clinic dates back to 1581. Our research is focused on:
- Objective and subjective diagnostics of auditory perception and speech understanding
- Optimizing surgical procedures for implantable hearing devices
- Inner ear biology and investigation of new therapies of hearing loss
- Online Temporal Bone Lab Practical Course
- Temporal Bone Lab Theoretical Course
- "Cochlear Implantation: Good is Not Good Enough, If Better Is Possible"
- "Cochlear Implantation in Younger Children"
- "Structure and Hearing Preservation - The Whole Experience"
Who should attend?
The course is designed for the ENT Surgeons of the Junior level who are willing to learn online. They are supposed to be knowledgeable about the topic and well experienced prior to taking the course. Participants acquire theoretical knowledge on how to perform microsurgery of the middle ear for hearing restoration. The course gives delegates the opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge on the surgical procedure and includes a practical part, where they can perform the surgical steps on artificial bones and receive feedback from tutors during supervised hands-on exercise sessions.