CPD Standards Office Provider ID: 21859
Fairley House is a specialist school for children with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) and has been offering teacher training since 2006. The courses are run by a team of experienced professionals in the field of SpLD, including teachers, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and psychologists. Courses cover classroom adaptations, specialist teaching, and assessing, leading to recognition by the British Dyslexia Association and PATOSS and to certification by Fairley House and the CPD Standards Office.
- Fairley House Certificate – for subject teachers in primary and secondary schools in accommodating the needs of learners with SpLD in the classroom. Schools can buy this course in for their staff.
- Fairley House Level 5 Diploma – for teaching Learners with SpLD in primary and secondary schools a specialist teaching qualification. This course is offered to individuals who come to Fairley House over an academic year on Wednesdays 4:30 to 7:00.
- Fairley House Level 7 Diploma – for assessing Learners with SpLD, Access Arrangements, Disabled Student Allowance and Diagnostic assessment. This course is offered to individuals who come to Fairley House over an academic year on Tuesdays 4:30 to 7:00.
Who should attend?
- The Fairley House Certificate Course is available to staff groups in mainstream primary and secondary schools.
- The Fairley House Level 5 Diploma is available to qualified teachers who wish to become specialist teachers. It is also available to Learning Support Assistants who hold a Level 3 SpLD qualification.
- The Fairley House Level 7 Diploma is available to teachers who have completed Level 5 and who wish to become a specialist assessor.