CPD Standards Office Provider ID: 50325
Our company is called “from SCIENCE to PHARMA” and we train and coach candidates who want to break into the Medical Science Liaison role in a pharmaceutical company, but do not have any experience. We have been actively globally since 2015 and have trained candidates in more than 125 countries. Our MSL training is online and can be done at your own pace. In addition, we provide personalised interview phone coaching support to help you ace that interview and secure that high-paying MSL job.
- Board Certified MSL Program / (BC-MSLcert™) PLATINUM
By Completing the BC-MSLcert course you will be able to:
- Clearly articulate what the MSL role is, which of your skills apply to this role and what the pharmaceutical industry is expecting from you.
- Understand the role of the MSL as an integral part of the medical affairs department as well as how an MSL interacts with the marketing, regulatory, commercial, health economics and compliance teams.
- Explain how the MSL role changes with the product life cycle and understand from the job description what activities you might be doing as an MSL.
- Understand who Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) are, their roles and how an MSL communicates efficiently and compliantly with them.
- Understand how to effectively work in a cross-functional team while staying within the compliance boundaries.
- Understand what an MSL really does in the field, without actually being an MSL yourself.
- Identify your top 3 therapeutic areas and your top 3 “stretched” therapeutic areas. This will allow you to double up on the number of MSL jobs you can apply for.
- Understand the different means of finding and applying for an MSL job.
- Understand how to best develop a LinkedIn profile that will get you noticed by recruiters and pharmaceutical companies.
- Understand the required mind shift, utilisation of transferable skills and how to build a CV that will maximize your chances of getting an interview.
- Put your new MSL knowledge into practice and perform at your best in your first MSL job interview.
- Understand salary, salary packages and bonuses and how to make sure you negotiate the best possible package.
Who should attend?
from Science to Pharma (FSTP) is an online training platform that provides highly targeted MSL training for candidates who want to become a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) in the Pharmaceuticals Industry without having any MSL experience. MSLs are the scientific, clinical and medical disease experts within the medical (affairs) department of a pharmaceutical or biotech company. They work with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) in a specific therapeutic area to bring innovative new medicines to patients and help further enhance the quality use of medicine (QuM) of established products. MSLs typically have the academic credentials to demonstrate their scientific, medical and clinical expertise such as a doctorate degree (PhD, PharmD, DNP or MD/MBBS/DO) or a Master's/Bachelor's degree (MSc, BSc, MPharm BPharm). Even with these credentials, it is difficult for aspiring MSLs to break into the profession, where prior experience as an MSL is highly valued. The training courses provided by FSTP are designed to give delegates a better understanding of the MSL role, and also the typical hiring process for Medical Affairs so that they can become “MSL-ready”.