Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM)Voluntary
IPEM is the Learned Society and professional organisation for physicists, clinical and biomedical engineers and technologists working in medicine and biology.
Their mission is to improve health through physics and engineering in medicine.
In order to contribute to the promotion of undertaking CPD, and the recording thereof, the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM) has developed a scheme allowing a structured and disciplined approach. IPEM recognises that many scientists, engineers and technologists involved directly, or indirectly, in health care already undertake CPD and the IPEM.
CPD scheme aims to formalise that with the following objectives:
- to articulate the value of, and need for, CPD to individuals and their employers;
- to provide advice and guidance to individuals in identifying their educational needs so as to
strengthen their performance and further their careers;
- to enable individuals to identify the activities that will satisfy their own learning needs;
- to establish a credible mechanism by which individuals receive formal recognition for their CPD
activities and thereby demonstrate their commitment to the profession and to their employers;
- to promote the highest professional standards to individuals;
- to enhance the status of scientists, engineers and technologists in medicine and biology.