CPD Standards Office Provider ID: 50154
Young Citizens is a UK-based, independent charity with over 30 years of experience in delivering young people’s citizenship education.
We aim to give young people the skills, knowledge and confidence to make an effective contribution to society and help shape their future in a rapidly changing world.
We do this through a combination of delivering programmes such as the Bar Mock Trials and the Make a Difference Challenge Programme, providing citizenship resources for schools, and delivering face to face training with a legal and economic focus.
We work with both primary and secondary schools, youth groups, and other youth organisations.
- Introduction to Social Action for Primary Teachers (online)
- The Make a Difference Challenge Teacher Training Course (online and face-to-face courses)
- Make a Difference Challenge Teacher Training
- Making Sense of SMSC
- Introduction to Social Action
Who should attend?
Introduction to Social Action for Primary Teachers
- This one hour CPD certified online course introduces primary sector practitioners to the concept of delivering social action projects with young children and will give them confidence, and ways to introduce it into the curriculum.
The Make a Difference Challenge Programme Teacher Training
- (online) This 4-hour CPD certified course gives primary sector practitioners knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to deliver the Young Citizens Make a Difference Challenge programme with young children, using a child-led learning structure which puts children at the heart of the process.
- The face to face course covers the same content as the online version and is delivered to groups of teachers in a classroom environment (recognised as 4.5 hours of CPD)
Making Sense of SMSC
- This face to face short course for primary teachers explores what SMSC is and why it's important, linking to Ofsted and the value the new framework places on this. It also considers how SMSC connects with the rest of the curriculum and how it adds value to it.