CALL US: 0203 745 6463
We founded The CPD Standards Office as a result of a comprehensive research project into the quality of continuing CPD provision across the country.
Our in-depth research surveyed over 1,000 professionals, and interviewed a range of professional bodies and regulators. We found that the standards of CPD varied greatly and that too much of the training provided was of remarkably low quality.
Delegates complained about a “lack of passion” and “courses pitched at a too simple level”.
By providing independent accreditation, our mission is to improve the quality of continuing professional development (CPD) to ensure positive and successful CPD experiences. We also want to make it more affordable and easier to access.
We help CPD providers ensure that they are deliver consistently high quality training that is inclusive and collaborative. Our marks of excellence for training and learning providers demonstrate to individual professionals that the learning activity conforms to CPD best practice and is appropriate for inclusion in a formal CPD record.
We pioneer new ways of working into the CPD field, and have recently introduced a digital certificate service for our providers using Blockchain technology.
Our activities centre on…
Our research arm explores how CPD can:
- Be delivered to a high standard by trainers, coaches and other providers
- Include effective activities that combine traditional and modern forms of learning
- Become a positive and valuable experience for individual professionals
- Deliver benefits to businesses, organisations and other stakeholders
- Work effectively within CPD schemes administrated by institutes and membership organisations.
During our research, accreditation and consultancy activities we have worked with:
- Association of Project Management
- British Psychological Society – Department of Occupational Psychology
- CPD Institute
- Engineering Council
- Financial Skills Partnership
- Global PA Network – A membership organisation representing over 5,000 PAs and Secretaries
- Kingston University Business School
- MemberWise Network – A Professional Network of 7,500 Professionals
- Nationwide Building Society
- Royal Statistical Society
- Science Council
- The Professionalism Group – Helps individuals and organisations to develop professionalism
The CPD Standards Office forms part of the Professional Development Consortium. The Consortium works to build bridges between stakeholders to increase the benefits of CPD to individuals and employers. In particular, we encourage the spread of best practice and the sharing of support.
Call us on 0203 745 6463 to find out more about the cost of CPD and your CPD accreditation requirements.