Hello! It’s a pleasure to have you join us for another Friday Fresh.
Firstly, Happy Friday!
As we navigate the starting weeks of 2024, a key trend is making a significant comeback in the world of business, and we must talk about it.
The topic in question is brand. But this time, it’s not about your logo or colour scheme; it’s about a brand’s ability to create genuine connections with their audience through shared values and actions (emphasis on actions).
Let’s dive into how you can harness this to attract more learners.
Branding: More Than Just Aesthetic
In 2024, branding goes beyond the look and feel of your company’s presentation, and is about resonating with your target demographics on a deeper level. It’s about reflecting the values and aspirations of your learners in every aspect of your company’s existence.Here are two tips with examples:
1. Values-Driven Connection:
- Understand what drives your learners. Is it career advancement, personal growth, or staying ahead in their field? Reflect these aspirations in your communication, including website, social media post, course introduction and others.
- Example: If sustainability is a key value for your learners, incorporate green practices in your courses and operations, and highlight these in your marketing materials.
2. Authenticity in Action:
- Move beyond just stating your values. Show them in action. If lifelong learning is a core value, demonstrate it through continuous updates to your course content and teaching methods.
- Example: Share stories of how your courses have evolved over time, adapting to the latest industry trends and learner feedback. Talk about the innovation happening in the field and don’t be afraid to combine the old with the new for maximum effect.
Crafting a Values-Based Brand Narrative
Your brand story should be an authentic narrative that aligns with the your values and those of your audience.
- Share stories that highlight the impact of your training programs on real learners. This creates an emotional, relatable connection with potential learners.
- Example: A success story of a learner who leveraged your CPD training to achieve a significant career milestone can be powerful.
2. Consistent Messaging:
- Ensure that your brand messaging is consistent across all platforms, from your website to social media. Don’t forget that when it comes to social media, only about 10% of your followers will see each one of your posts and even fewer will actually pause to interact.
- Example: Use the same tone and core messages in your social media posts, blog articles, and email communications.
Engaging with Learners: Beyond Transactions
Create opportunities for meaningful interactions with your audience, showing that you value their input and are committed to their success.
1. Community Building:
- Foster a community of learners through forums, webinars, and social media groups. This encourages peer learning and a sense of belonging.
- Example: Host monthly webinars where learners can share their experiences and learn from each other.
2. Responsive Feedback:
- Actively seek and respond to learner feedback. This shows that you value their opinion and are committed to continuous improvement.
- Example: Implement a suggestion from learner feedback in your next course update and publicly acknowledge the contribution.
In 2024, making your brand stand out is all about authenticity, shared values, and genuine engagement with your audience. By aligning your branding with these principles, you’re set to attract more learners who resonate with what you stand for.